Wednesday, September 18, 2013


So the day started off well.  I went to 7-11 for coffee and a Homer donut with an eager mindset because I knew my gig was near the beach.  As per my experience the day before I made sure to have a couple of bucks on me in case I found myself transferring on a bus that doesn't accept the Metro Tap card.  I was on the metro and that's where it began.  Mayo called.  He was so rude and negative making things harder than they need to be.  After his rant I asked "...are you done? Is this why you called me to tell me all this?"  He said yes and then I said "okay...bye" then hung up.  I tried so hard to shake negative feelings towards him which then led to me thinking about other struggles in my life.  I found myself going in a downward spiral mentally and kept praying for peace.  I took a moment after my prayers and peace is exactly what I got.  I understood the situation in a different way.  You can't control how other people act and react.  You can only control how you act and react.  It's so simple but something I lose sight of that sometimes and it takes me down depression road. 

So I made my transfers only to find that I was going in the wrong direction LOL  Once I got back on track I felt pretty good about everything.  I went to the address I was given and there was no one there!  It thought to myself great what if this is the Craig's List Killer after me.  I literally walked around in circles only to find there was no filming going on at that location.  Everything seemed so shady.  The fella who booked me started calling to find out where I was and eventually I made it to the right location *enter eye roll. 

It was a bummer city deal that they didn't use me the way they said there were and as result I wasn't paid.  I did enjoy my time on the beach though.  As I said in the video it was all worth it to spend some much needed time at the beach.  My only regret was not calling Mariah to come grab a drink with me because goodness knows I needed one!  Oh well, next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment