Monday, September 2, 2013


I felt so bad.  Kevin kept telling me how wonderful his experiences have been at Osa Mountain Village but when we went this time things were different.  It seemed what brought the community together was the eating experience.  We went came they were in between cooks and the restaurant was closed.  On our last night the new cook arrived and I finally got the experience Kevin had been telling me about for months.  What made it extra special for me is Strangers in the Night was playing while we walked up to the restaurant.  That's MY SONG!  I am often found humming, whistling or singing it randomly.  Not only am I stoked that I got the full experience but it made me so happy to see Kevin enjoy himself the way he remembered.  I'm not saying we had a bad time but I definitely know how it is to revisit a place expecting the same type of environment only to be let down that things have changed.  Yay Kevin!  You got your night :) 

After we ate we joined the locals at the bar for some karaoke.  I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this but The Martinez Girlz love themselves some karaoke.  I never have had the chance to do karaoke while with Kevin and I was radical to see he was down.  I learned a lot, felt a lot but I think my absolute favorite night was this night.


I was so impressed that this local did NOT miss a beat when singing Semi Charmed by Third Eye Blind.  They are one of my favorite bands and I know I couldn't have pulled it off the way he did.  Kudos amigo, kudos.  Much Love to Osa Mountain Village!

No comments:

Post a Comment