Monday, September 30, 2013


Little did I know last week at this time I would slip and fall causing the worst injury I have ever had.  I wish I could say it was from a gnarly match or even a batched spot but nooooooooo I slip and fall at home?  I'm such a nerd.  Anywho, I was not going to let a bruised rib keep me from going to House of Blues Sunset to see Alice in Cooperland.  I'm not going to lie, it was difficult.  I was in so much pain but it was totally worth it.  I feel like a jerk because I have no clue who this opening band was but they were great!  I googled every band that HOB billed but none of them seem to be this band.  Hopefully I will see them again and get my facts straight :)


I LOVE Antichrist Superstar!  He was so dramatic and theatrical I couldn't help but become a fan. I told Danielle the show was like wrestling.  You become someone else, put on a show and tells a good story.  Antichrist Superstar had different sets and costume changes that helped illustrate the story being told.  The stilts!  I love that he came out in stilts, I mean you can't be a Marilyn Manson tribute band and kayfabe the stilts.  The main event, of course, was Alice in CooperlandDanielle scored these tickets at her work so we had no idea that Alice in Cooperland exist.  A few weeks ago we were telling our mom that we were dying to see Alice Cooper.  Last year we got close but it didn't happen.  When Danielle got the tickets we looked them up on YouTube and after about 30 seconds of watching the video we were sold.  Isn't life grand.  Okay, so we didn't see Alice Cooper but I'm okay with that.  The energy Alice in Cooperland and Antichrist Superstar brought to the House of Blues stage was so inspiring.  I took that energy with me to CWF Hollywood and let me tell you something, I kicked ass!  Positive vibes to the fullest to Alice in Cooperland and Antichrist Superstar.  Keep the music alive amigos!




No comments:

Post a Comment