Thursday, November 20, 2014

A photo posted by Shelly Martinez (@funtimeshelly) on


I started a love affair with bagels when I was in junior high.  Shout out to Grace Yokley! In high school I would eat a big old bagel with a soda every morning.  I was the type of gal who weighted 110 lbs with out even trying.  I think being an athlete since kindergarten allowed me to get away with eating more crap than most.  Plus there was that run in with Mr. Tapeworm...Anywho, after I graduated and went into the real world I learned real quick eating a bagel every morning with globs of cream cheese would result in a muffin top!  It was so hard to break the habit I had formed and found myself eating the bagel but starving myself through out the rest of the day.  It took years for me to develop a healthy relationship with food and taking care of my body.  I think its amazing that in our day and age there are so many alternatives so we can get what we crave with out having to put a bunch of empty calories in our body.  Years ago I discovered Bagel Thins and recently I have embraced using Weight Watchers cream cheese.  Bagel Thins are low in calories AND carbohydrates. The Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese is low in calories and sodium.  I don't know about you but sodium really kicks my booty sometimes, or at least adds a lot of water weight to it :) Love bagels as much as I do but watching your waistline?  Here's what I prepared this morning and its was only about 200 calories and 27 grams of carbs:


  • Wheat Bagel Thin
  • 2 tablespoons of Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese
  • 4 slices of avacado
  • Dash of crushed red pepper and sea salt for some zing!

A video posted by Shelly Martinez (@funtimeshelly) on


I just finished my audition, it went well!  I'm such a nerd....I can't believe I forgot I had it.  I meant to reschedule with them yesterday because I ended up getting a paid gig today.  I got so lost in yesterday's gig I spaced and completely forgot.

A video posted by Shelly Martinez (@funtimeshelly) on


Well, I'm a strong believer in everything happens for a reason.  The most important things is I still was able to have the audition and now it's up to the Universe if I land the gig.  I hope I do ;) but if I don't not biggie.  Lesson of the day, USE MY ORGANIZER EVERYDAY.  Well, now time for Wendy Williams then to the gym for my Jessica Simpson workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment