Friday, November 7, 2014


What a blessing today was!  Last night my mom came over to bring us a new table and chair set for our apartment and stay the night.  Ever since my grandma died my mom and I have gotten so much closer.  We were already on that road before her passing but it truly began to blossom after she was gone.  It would make her happy to see the connection I have developed with my mom.  Growing up I watched my mom struggle as a single parent trying to maintain her sanity through all the pain.  Even when our relationship was weak my mom always expressed how important my relationship with God was.  I fully received that message and embraced that way of thinking during this crazy journey and I am here to tell you it saved me.  Yes, I have had my dark times which led to poor decisions but my faith always pulled me out of the darkness enlightening my soul with wisdom that I could only obtain through experience.



A photo posted by Shelly Martinez (@funtimeshelly) on
We started our morning at 101 Cafe in Hollywood.  I love this place!  Danielle and I definitely need to come here more often.  One of my favorite movies is Swingers and at the end of the movie there is a scene in a restaurant.  Well, that's the 101 Cafe!  Every time I go there I fall more in love with the place.  It connects to a hotel that has an amazing old Hollywood feel to it.

A photo posted by Shelly Martinez (@funtimeshelly) on
Danielle had to go to work so my mom and I walked her there after breakfast.  My mom owns an antique store in the Inland Empire and is always eager to check out estate sales to see what she can find.  We noticed on the way back from breakfast an estate sign pointing into the Hollywood Hills so naturally we went.  I loved sharing the Hollywood Hills with my mom.  Those hills have become such a huge part of Danielle, The Mertzes and my life.  The particular hills we went into today has a ranch at the top of the hill where you can go horse back riding.  When I was a little girl we would always go to Yosemite in the summer and go horse back riding.  We both agreed that next time she come into town the three of us NEED to go for an hour ride.


So since my mom left the craziness began.  Danielle and I ended up having to take a bus to West Hollywood and that's when life got raw, quick.  At one point we were concerned for our well being but I just kept praying for protection which brought me strength.  During our crazy Goonie adventure I was trying to coordinate with the people I'm car pooling with tomorrow and I still am unsure of the status.  Oh wrestling!  One way or another I WILL make it to IWF's Benson show darn it.  God always provides and I trust 100000% in Him.  Let see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment