Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekly Wrap :) pt 1

OMGosh was this week CRRRRRRAAAAAZA!!  So I have been really struggling as of late with keeping myself from getting discouraged.  It was different this time though.  Thank God, literally!!  I've always seek out the truth and am open to knowing my short comings so that I can repair what is damaged to be the best version of me I can be.  Usually when I have one thing after another happen I tend to feel overwhelmed then frustrated which leads to me crying and feeling hopeless :(  I learned that things tend to catch up to me and though it may take a while they def catch up to me when I least expected them to hence the overwhelming and frustrating feelings.  I learned that I needed to make wiser decisions so I would not find myself in the same type of situations over and over again.  I learned a lot about myself during this process and about life in general.  This is an example on why I truly believe God is real and His teachings are def guidelines for our life.  So in saying this here is part 1 of 2 for today :)

Friday I had my Lowrider shoot.  I had really been looking forward to it!!  Been working hard to be in the best shape I could be in, I really want the cover this time :)  Danielle came with me (of course) to take BTS pics and such.  It was a bit of a drive.  Nothing too crazy just not local.  I drove my camero aka Susie Fun Mobile to the shoot.  I kept thinking before leaving that maybe I should borrow Vinny's car since he was working more locally but I LOVE driving that car.  Its my dream car!!  Danielle and I got there about 45 mins early so we thought we would go to this shopping center to see if they had some nail polish.  My nails def needed a touch up so I figured if I couldn't find nail polish I would just get nail polish remover.  So I go to start my car, nothing.  I tried again, nothing.  Then I thought okay this is the farthest I driven it maybe it was just too much for the car.  I drove on the freeway so I figured I would get it jumped and take side streets home.  We walked to the store and found at least the remover.  We came back, went to check in and meet Jorge :)  He is a very cool dude :)  We walked to the studio and he said "hmm that is so weird the make up room is locked but its impossible to lock unless someone is inside."  I really didn't think much of it.  I figured maybe a cleaning person or someone locked it not knowing they are not suppose to.  Then I started to pay closer attention when he just couldn't wrap his head around how this happened.  He said you literally cannot lock it unless you are inside or have the key which only one person had and they didn't lock it.  His face made me a little spooked :) not in a fearful way just in a first my car then this way :)  Well, Danielle and I were early so we opted to go to Starbucks while waiting the photographer and make up artist.  When we came back they got the door open and make up began!!  The shoot was so much fun.  I had never worked with any of these people before so it was quite the relief they were all awesome :)  We had a long shoot but got some killer pics!!  Can't wait to share some of them with all of you.  After the shoot we went to my car and jumping it didn't work.  We put another battery in it only to see smoke!!  So long story short, it looks like I need a new starter.  They gave me a weekend pass to park there so now I am trying  to figure out how to get it towed home with only $50 in my pocket.  The whole time I was experiencing this though I, for the first time, had zero dark thoughts or anything like that.  It was almost the feeling of helping your friend out in a jam.  You know, detached from the situation but still trying to solve the problem.  It was so freeing!! Don't get me wrong, I still need to figure it out but without all that anxiety.  I know God has my back and I learned in the past if I only gave Him my trust I would've saved myself a lot of internal grief.  Vinny had to come pick us up :(  Hopefully I can get the car tomorrow......

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Shelly just read part 1 of your blog and found it really cool. it always feels good to have the good lord by your side. i know that feeling very well. he's always there. to comfort us when were sad. to help us when were mad. to smile with us when we have a great day and to help us when friends are so far away. it just goes to show no matter where you go or what you do. no one is really alone in this world. thats whats cool about God. what i also like is the fact that he accepts us for who we are and doesn't judge us unless we have to be... i think the more we take into Gods teaching the easier life tends to be. his influence lives threw those who do his bidding. until we recieve his influence when we go to meet him in heaven. i always said that you were an Angel on earth Shelly and i think with your belief in him. as soon as your time here is up and you meet him in heaven your angel wings will be given to you instantly. you have such a warm heart and loving spirit that, it warms me knowing i have a small communitcation with you each week. and hope one day soon i'll have the privilage and chance to finally meet you, my dream angel in person... I Love ya kiddo. and i thank God everyday for having, right now a distant friend in you and hope that one day i will have earned enough trust for that distance to be close. before i was feeling down cause my sinus' were hurting since yesterday but since typing this comment to you i've felt a little better and i can't wait to read part 2 so here's to part 2 of your blog. thanks Dream Angel twitter you then

    Love Always ur Jersey Friend
    Rob Kovach :)
    XXXXXOOOOO

    ReplyDelete