Wednesday, August 28, 2013


A few days after writing this post I woke up feeling so sick.  I couldn't shake it until I discovered that I had been suppressing a lot of feelings lately.  I've been through so much in the last few months I didn't allow myself to feel it out.  I knew I didn't want to allow it to distract me but I forgot to actually deal with each issue with love, understanding and peace.  I still am working through my heartbreaks but I feel stronger than ever before.  My biggest heartbreak was my grandma passing away.  I think of her every single day.  Each time I think of her I learn something about myself, other and/or life.  Her precious love still continues to inspire.  Here is my original post:

Someone once told me "all you do is smoke pot all day" but what they probably do not realize is cannabis is my medication.  I am dealing with the death of my grandma along with the spiritual warfare that has been surrounding me for months.  Long story short, I should be on medication for depression and anxiety but  Zoloft and Xanax did not give me a better quality of life.  In fact, I felt I was in a zombie state of mind.  I only told my best friend/roommate the concerns I had with the side effects they gave me and that's when RVD came into my life.  I had just started being on the road full time and I kept bumping into him at various stops.  He would tell me the benefits of cannabis without knowing my views on it and that I was struggling mentally.  I looked up all the information he gave me and it checked out.  That's when I decided to medicate for the first time.  Since then I have been able to live a better quality of life.  I'm not saying I NEED cannabis.  I'm just saying that instead of popping prescription medication I use herbal medication.  Some days I smoke a lot and others not so much.  In fact, there have been times I had no cannabis in my system (at all) and I had a wonderful day. 

It really hurt me when I was judged by this person and then I started to compare my life to theirs.  I went from a gal with hurt pink feelings to feeling empowered.  This person doesn't have the motivation I have that allows me to accomplish my goals and dreams.  They doesn't focus on a healthy mental, fitness and spiritual lifestyle.  I used to be that person so I can relate and say with confidence I know where they are coming from.  I'm grateful for those experiences they are amazing reminders I had once been there but now I am no longer angry.  My anger turned into compassion for this person.  I felt for them, I prayed for them.  Anger is an ugly thing and I used to have SUCH a problem with it.  Back in the day I was the chick who would punch a hole in the wall out of frustration.  I was the one who was ready to physically get into a fight if I had to and sometimes I wanted to fight.  That's right Miss Positive Vibes used to be not positive vibes at all.  I had so much hurt in my life I didn't think I could ever obtain peace.  I was a good girl who was hurt and didn't know where to go for the answers and peace that I so desperately needed.  When cannabis entered my life I was able to connect with high school Shelly.  The girl who would wear cute little outfits to school with a bible in her purse.  A girl that people would say "what is it about you" and I would reply "It's the Love of The Lord."  What a blessing my life experiences both negative and positive are.  They have helped me become a wiser version of the person I was and wanted to be.  I feel free and full of life and I just had to share this story with you.  Positive vibes to everyone out there, I mean it.  This world is filled with darkness and I hope that this post had brought a little Light to at least one person today.  Shalom amigos y amigas!

No comments:

Post a Comment