Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A video posted by Shelly Martinez (@funtimeshelly) on

Even though I got a late start on today I feel great and getting a ton accomplished.  In the last few months I have been distracted and lost some focus.  Over the last few weeks God has aligned with me with people who uplift my soul recharging my life.  This summer I had so many questions but once some time went by the answers revealed themselves when it was meant.  Once they came I was able to understand myself, others and life completely different allowing myself to gain peace.  Yesterday I started to struggle towards the end of the day but once I uplifted my worries to God He began to work.  My mom has no idea what I am going through but felt the need to text me this:

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of Love and a sound mind."- 2 Tim 1:7

This is your scripture because when I was in labor with you I kept reading it over and over.  I think it is for you now.

After I read and totally received her message my amiga texted me sharing some thoughts and feelings that sealed the deal.  My mom's words and my friend's experience help heal the wounds in my soul from life beating me up this summer.  I am now back on the right path and will continue this journey giving full glory to God for all He has blessed me with.

A photo posted by Shelly Martinez (@funtimeshelly) on

Whenever I go to FSW a small group of us come together and discuss our love for grilled cheese sandwiches.  It's kinda become our thing :)  This morning I stumbled upon this sign and had to Instagram it to the Rock Legend Scum himself, Adam Thornstowe.  Though I put the seal of approval on Hooters grilled cheese I have to say the #1 pick for me, so far, is Mimi's Cafe's 5 grilled cheese sandwich.  Will The Oaks take Mimi's coveted spot or will it be a grill cheese disaster?  Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment