Wednesday, October 9, 2013


As I said in the video I really feel blessed to be able to work in the field I love but I need to start making wiser decisions on which types of gigs to take.  After losing hundreds of dollars last month I have been in hustle mode taking any gig I can which has led to days like this.  I learned a lot, met cool people and made a couple of bucks but I just don't think I can do it anymore.  I mean, if I HAVE to I will but I REALLY am going to try and make this shoot my last low pay/background work.  After I was done with the shoot I didn't feel like going out AT ALL.  I knew I just needed to get home and regroup then force myself to go out.  Everything seemed to take a positive turn when our Lyft arrived!


It was really cool to hear Ryan's story and how Lyft helps him pursue his passion, music.  We Martinez Girlz are all about the positive vibes but sometimes we need positive vibes in our life to ignite our souls.  That is exactly what happen on the way to House of Blues.  I have never seen Fozzy live and didn't know what to expect.  Chris is very dear to my heart and it was amazing to see him perform with his whole being.  His band totally brought it.  They were so entertaining and genuine.  There have been times when I have seen bands play live and they gave off a "trying too hard" vibe but not Fozzy.  Fozzy is legit, too legit to quit!  After the show we hung out with Chris and it was exactly what I needed.  Sometimes in life you have your go to people who uplift your soul by simply just being there for you when you need it the most.  This summer was gnarly and hurt my pink feelings but now that it's fall I feel refreshed, renewed and no longer am effected by the disappointments I had.  Seeing Chris reminded me of who I was, who I am and who I am meant to be.  We also had a cool convo about life, music and sharing positive vibes all around with Fozzy bassist Paul Di Leo.  It warms my heart and inspires me to see Chris doing his thing on his terms.  Some people are naturally well rounded performers and he is definitely one of them.  Much Love, Light and positive vibes to Fozzy.  Long live rock'n'roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment